Monday 17 April 2017

Uncle Ho



Pinko's,

As much as I admire the nationalist hero...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/uncle-ho-controversial-brisbane-eatery-to-change-its-name-20160410-go35jf.html


Reminds me of wearing my Uncle Ho t-shirt to an anti Work Choices fuck-over-the-workers rally at the SCG some years ago now, and narrowly avoiding getting into a fight with a Vietnamese barman in the Ladies Stand.
I would never dare wear that t-shirt here in Campsie, as Vietnamese folk would come from miles around to bash me senseless, without any doubt.
Really really dumb decision by the restaurant owners - don't they know that every Vietnamese person in Australia hates the commo's with a very deep passion and their fathers and grandfathers were members of the South Vietnamese Army?
Geeesh, take down yr little history book, and have another look.






(Originally published 11-04-16)

No comments: