Tuesday 2 May 2017

chinese curses




I have been blighted with another of the three Chinese curses.
I have come to the attention of the authorities.
Yesterday afternoon, while minding my own business, a stern looking woman with a forced smile on her face, came a knocking on my front door saying she was from the Australian Bureau of Statistics and she was here about my abject failure to submit my Census form.
She wasn't taking "god, as if I haven't had enough on my plate as it is" as a defence.
I asked her about the deadline for getting the Govt paperwork back to the authorities, because I knew she was dying to tell me.
Sensibly, I thought, I overlooked enquiring about the possibility of a fine.
But she threatened me anyway, saying "I will keep coming back until you have done it".
Now, that's scary.
Why target me?
Do I look like a non law-abiding citizen, or what?



(originally published 12/09/16)

No comments: