Saturday 20 May 2017

more rope



Crikey,

I'm old enough to remember South Australia under Don Dunstan; the first state to turn a blind eye to the wacky weed, now the last to get on board the overcrowded rattling bandwagon clattering down the highway to open slather.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-23/medicinal-cannabis-prescription-south-australia/8465072

Keep up; at least six months ago my wonderful lifesaving GP, having known for years that I'm a Midnight Toker, scribbled down on my official NSW Health list of chronic pain medications "Cannabis, one gram, per day".
Simple.
But full marks to them for trying to get a pseudo-hippie new-age hemp accessories industry off the ground, as you'd expect great swathes of Fleurieu Peninsula old-growth forest could be cleared to grow it, or maybe just another new quick turnaround crazy cash crop in the doomed irrigated areas?
It'd look great too.
Perfect.
I'll leave the tempt and try some of the organic hemp plus granola and I'll have that ball of string thanks.
If there is one thing for certain, the world needs more rope.







(originally published 24-04-17)

No comments: