Monday 25 September 2017

in the drink



Comrades,

It was a good thing I was out on Sunday afternoon enjoying myself at the Harvest Moon Festival at Cabramatta, and a very good thing for the people who scattered the www.coalitionformarriage.com.au literature on my front doorstep while I wasn't home, otherwise, if I knew they were coming, I would have opened the front door fully nude and threatened to call them names before head-butting them.
There is precedent for this, yr Honour.
There will be a mention of it, in due course, at the Hobart Magistrate's Court.
I must say the flyer headline urging you to "VOTE NO to protect your freedoms", which otherwise, if you 'vote' yes, will somehow transmute into, "political correctness will be weaponised and used to shut down free speech" quite odd, indeed, very strange insect logic right there, and the "3 WAYS GAY MARRIAGE WILL CHANGE THE CLASSROOM" pamphlet was pretty lewd, suggesting that there will be yet "more radical gay & lesbian sex 'education' in schools" [what? more!], parents will lose their rights [what! again?] and "kids will be taught their gender is fluid" [Oh God, I wish I was shown & told that in school], but it reminded me of what the Senator for South Australia, Penny Wong, said the other day "I never said I expected this not to be close. The "no" advocates know that this is their last chance".
I would not have even given them the time of day to tell them that they were wasting their stinking breath because, like most other sensible people, I have towed the bi-partisan line rock solid here big time and 'voted' YES a couple of weeks ago.
The Chief Pinko and the Prime Minister told me to, so who am I to argue, and in any case, what is it good for?
It's no-where near even close to a plebiscite - however ridiculous that would have been - this is but a "voluntary non-binding postal survey" never before attempted in the 116 year old history of the Commonwealth, coming hard on the heels of the Census Cock-Up.
The Electoral Commission isn't involved.
The Parliament, both Houses, could sit tomorrow and change the Marriage Act on a call for the voices.
Lucky that I wasn't home, because I wouldn't have been drunk and I wouldn't have missed, which may have presented me with a minor legal problem.
Just ask DJ Astro Funknukl Labe, he'll tell you.
Then I saw on a protest placard somewhere on the telly last night that read "men of quality are not afraid of equality", and the Tory stupidity of it all finally sunk in as utterly astounding.

In the meantime...in local news...seen in the mighty Cooks River over the weekend.
Another washed-up would-be cardboard-cut-out politician.
Poor Jennifer; just couldn't get the vote.

Photo: Earlwood Environment League

As a matter of record - hot off the adding-up machine down at the NSW Electoral Commission; the final count saw an undisputed result in the Canterbury-Bankstown Council Local Govt. election of three Councillors from five wards.
Labor 9, Liberal 5, Greens 1.
My neighbours here in Canterbury Ward returned the sole Green.
Gentrification creeps ever closer from the Inner West as the dirt piles up, and the tide goes in and out.

No comments: