Sunday 21 May 2017

I have always wanted a pissometer




Loyalists,

Nice list of Phil the Greek quotes here:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/uknews/prince-philip-retires-a-look-back-at-his-greatest-gaffes/ar-BBAOLgS?li=AAsEOE&ocid=spartanntp


I remember when I was covering the Royal Tour of March 2000 as a radio news reporter.
I was with the press pack in Bourke, and while Queenie was visiting the School-of-the Air, Phil the Greek was sent out to some tablegrape vineyard run by Abo's, so some of us tagged along.
At the end of the inspection of facilities and plaque unveiling, Phil was given a gleaming commemorative brass piezometer as a parting gift [it's an instrument that measures the pressure of bore water].
Phil remarked "Oh, a PISS-OM-ETER! I have always wanted a pissometer. Thank you very much. It will certainly come in handy at the palace ".


(originally published 07-05-17)

No comments: